Sunday, September 5, 2010

Funfairs and food booths in Bremerhaven




Wondering if we at at the right place, but smiling and laughing all the same!
This is a labyrinth of some kind for people big and small to buy a ticket so they can go and get slightly scared if they so fancy.


Visiting hours at the boat moored behind Sorlandet


Watching the boats turn and the little bridge go up to allow exit or entry of some boat, I forget which. What I do remember is that on the day I boarded I took a cap from the hotel, to save my back and ..... Once I dug out my german brain we had a conversation in which she, the driver, revealed to me that over the 5 day period these tall ship festivals are on they have between 1.5 to 1.8 million visitors in the harbour.
This explains the copious amounts of food booths and fun booths and music and beer stands every where, and a little rain doesn't matter either, most everyone seems to be carrying an umbrella.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment