Friday, September 10, 2010

Viking clothing




Another edition of the dress of Egtvedpigen from Denmark, in my not connected bliss I wonder why they are all copying what seems like the same dresses over and over again and then .....
My knowledge takes over and I remember how few textiles have survived 1000 years or more of being burried somewhere and I have to shake my head at me :-)
I am a gemini after all.


-





A wealthy person's cape reconstructed, with a tablet woven edge.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, Pia...thank ewe for sharing all of this and your adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could bring it all home so we could have a look/feel session, but alas I fear we need to just enjoy the vivid play of our imaginations when we look at the photos again after my return. Better than nothing I suppose!

    ReplyDelete