Tuesday, November 23, 2010

At the Look-out above the water reservoir

The transportation of the man whose family has guarded the water reservoir for 30 years. The military has a post at the bottom of the hill by the actual dam but since the locals don't exactly trust the military to always do the right thing when it comes to protecting their water, this man's family, ie. his father for the last 30 years has been looking out for this beautiful spot and its invaluable resource. 
We had the magnificent opportunity to try on scarfs, blue for men and white for women, not at all as bad as I had imagined, it actually felt good and kind of protective to be screened from the curious eyes of strangers.
this day just kept on going and going it was amazing.

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful that you can be enjoying this together. And your comment that it felt not unpleasant to cover your face: I wish more people had enough cross-cultural experience to allow themselves to imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I was rather surprised myself, but I will keep it in mind from now on. It is about privacy issues more than threats I think. hm still thinking =-)

    ReplyDelete